September 1, 2017

Reminiscing....

I copied these from FB....cute little chippies

Ahhhh, it's Friday afternoon and I have 3 days off thanks to Labor Day.  I sincerely hope all of you have a paid day off as well.

I had a nice massage, and then came home and watched tennis and caught up on reading everyone's blog.  Well, not everyone ~ just the ones I follow that I haven't read in a few days.  And I ran across this post from "The Chubby Chatterbox" which brought back this memory:

I was probably 6 years old and found a box that was sitting near the trash which I grabbed and took to my room.  I probably spent a couple of hours fashioning it into a book back that I could carry my books to school in.  I put on a handle and used tape to make a larger opening so my books would fit.  After I was done, I proudly showed my creation to my Mom.  Who looked at me with absolute horror, and exclaimed: You can't take that to school!!  I didn't really understand then, and watched sadly as she threw out my hard work....which I had made from an empty Kotex box.

Love, 365

3 comments:

  1. Stephen is a master of many arts, not the least of which is his story-telling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I bet he never tried to make a book bag out of a Kotex box......just saying.

      Delete
    2. OMG! I misread your original post and thought the story was Stephen's. Sorry.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...