January 26, 2018

I suck at time management......

Bing image

I've taken quite a few online classes.  Most of them are set up similarly, with similar deadlines.  But I discovered ~ to my dismay ~ that the quiz for this week had today's deadline.  Most of the time they are on a Sunday and I can space out my study time.  I had to re-read and write notes today and take the quiz, which I did a few minutes ago.  So, I've been in my office nearly all day with the exception of a few hours when I played racquetball with my Friday group.  My butt is tired.  And I just don't want to be up here much longer, so this will be short.

Did I mention I suck at time management?  I had read all but the short reading earlier this week, and highlighted the points I thought mattered.  But I hadn't written any notes yet, and that's where the material sticks with me.  I really need to hand write these notes.  Computer notes just won't do.  And there was a ton of information, like the different methods for dating archaeological artifacts....not to mention the paleoenvironmental reconstruction methods.  Eeeeeeeeee

I better get a handle on this, or it will make me crazy.  I hate spending nearly the entire day at my books.  :-(

I think I need a little retail therapy tomorrow......

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. I always had to hand write notes also for subjects that I was not familiar with to stick, time management skills would be hard for me too so with that said I am glad that I am not taking any classes, and I applaud you for making the effort to do it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's a proven technique ~ even our grad student instructor in history mentioned hand writing notes in class.....and discourage those inclined, not to bring their computers to class.
      **But mainly I think they know that there will be those students that aren't exactly writing notes but shopping or checking snapchat, facebook, etc.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...