January 1, 2018

Midnight partier.........

The culprit....



The instigator........

Romeo and I don't stay up until midnight anymore.  Neither of us is a "partier", we've ~ this is absolutely true ~ never gone to a new year's eve party.  Never.  Romeo doesn't drink at all, I limit myself to 2 beers (or 3 every now and then).  We don't like crowds or rowdy, drunk people, probably due to each of us having an alcoholic parent.  Even when we DID stay up, it was at home watching the "ball drop" in New York City.  In our pajamas.  

But, here in Albuquerque (& probably any good ol' American city) any excuse to shoot off fireworks is met with glee.  So, we were sound asleep when the dog heard some fireworks and decided she needed to roam the house and bark at it.  You know, because barking at it might frighten the folks that are out to have a little fun, and they'll stop.  Once she gets going, there's no stopping her.  Romeo finally got out of bed & went to the spare room where she is allowed to get on the bed ~ only then would she shut up.  For the love of Pete.....

It's a good thing I'm off today, as I wasn't able to fall back asleep for at least an hour, and even then I tossed and turned.  I know Romeo didn't sleep well ~ he was in bed with the dog :-)

Love, 365  





7 comments:

  1. The town's fireworks were far enough away to only pique the black cat's curiousity. Fortunately our neighbors refrained. At least I guess they did as I was asleep when the hour arrived here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was mostly the neighbors antics that disturbed the dog.....if it weren't for the dog, I would have slept through it!

      Delete
  2. We also knew when the new year rolled in due to the fireworks, I was surprised that our dog slept through it all ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once had a very timid dog, he freaked out at any loud noise. We never realized he had lost his hearing until one 4th of July! Until then, we thought he had settled in and realized the noises won't hurt. I don't want our current dog to go deaf, but on specific days it sure would come in handy!

      Delete
  3. You know you're getting old when you go to bed at the same time you used to go out. We were up later than I expected last night (it was like 11:45 when we got into bed) but we were asleep by midnight.

    Then all our stupid asshole neighbors set off fireworks for the next two hours.

    Hope your guy got some sleep. When mine doesn't, he's crabby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dog would sleep through a robbery. I got married on New Years Eve because we hate NYE. I don't like being around drunken stupid people. I don't like crowds and neither does my spouse. There is all this expectation for the evening and it is always a disappointment. For years we'd be invited to parties and say No thank you. Sometimes we would get such grief about why we weren't going to their party and we didn't want to lie. Sometimes they forced us because they would not let up.
    Then finally we decided to get married on NYE and then when we say, Oh we can't it's our anniversary - we get not a stitch of grief or guilt. Works like a charm. So now we like the date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your site is very useful for me,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังไซไฟ

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...