January 27, 2018

Letting go.......

Bing images

2018 is going to be a tough one for me ~ but don't get me wrong, it's a choice I've made!  I want to finish my degree this year, which means a sacrifice of much of my free time (like yesterday's post reveals).  I don't know if it will all work out since I am at the mercy of the university's scheduling.  It worked out this semester, but who knows what will happen in the summer and fall.

In order to do this, I knew I would have to simplify in every way I could.  One of those ways is "unsubscribing" to all of the e-mails I apparently gave permission to e-mail me every day :-(  That journey is ongoing.  Some need to be told more than once or twice, but I'm sticking to it and seeing some results.  Unfortunately, I'm now inundated with unwanted mail that has no "unsubscribe" button.    I've been moving those to the junk box, and a friend told me that would take a while too.  

Have you been bombarded with companies calling you this month to try to sell you insurance?  I had 5 every day until just the last few days.  I tried to tell one young lady to take me off the list, I HAVE INSURANCE!!, but no.....she just kept talking until I hung up.  I hope those taper off to nothing soon.

The worst one is unfollowing some of the blogs I used to enjoy reading.  I realized that the content of those blogs don't do it for me anymore.  And yet, I found it difficult ~ but not impossible.  This one isn't really a huge issue like thousands of e-mails.  But it is part of the "simplify" idea I have been pursuing since the first of the year.  

Bottom line: moving toward simplifying life is more work than I thought it would be.  


Love, 365




8 comments:

  1. I only answer the phone on numbers I recognize. If it is important they will leave a message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't answer my phone unless I know who it is, either. Same thing... they want me, they'll leave a message.

    Priorities are important, my current one is a shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I do the same, but they tricked me with a local number!

      Delete
  3. YES, what is all this insurance company calling about? Heaven help me I had 4 or 5 on Friday alone. I have been getting calls from my area code and then the next 3 numbers are 728 and then the last 4 are all different. All different names I get more than 10 a day. I continue to block them. I called Verizon and asked about a way to stop this. They told me to get a new phone number. I hate to do that but it's over the top now. A dozen a day is annoying. My father isn't well and I run to my phone to be sure it's not my family so it really really bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can figure is that it's not too late to sign up. Between my coworker and I, we had upwards of 10 to 15 Monday through Thursday. I guess they took Friday off.

      Delete
  4. I wish I was alone on that beach, even though I'd have a difficult time getting up. Hmmm, I wonder if you're reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I were on the beach too....yep, I'm reading this! Thanks for your comments, they are always appreciated.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...