June 15, 2018

Motley thoughts........

Hollyhocks 

The diet:  I lost 2 1/2 pounds, but am already at that dreaded plateau.  Instead of feeling motivated by the weight loss I just feel.......bored with the whole thing.  But I carry on, cause that's likely my best quality ~ I don't give up, even when it's tedious.  

College: I still have 2 week of freedom left!  I very nearly was un-enrolled because I completely forgot to pay for the class.  Sheesh.  I did finally hear the final work on my parking citation from eight months ago....they dismissed it because the time ran out.  I sent off an e-mail (which will likely be sent off to the trash bin before anyone reads it, I mean it took 8 months for them to time out my citation appeal) expressing my displeasure at how it was oh, so carefully worded to avoid any blame for citing me when I had already paid for my spot.  Recall the "never give up" and add bull headed to the mix.  I realize I can be annoying. :-)

The deck:  The framing is up!  It is rather slow going, but Romeo is making progress.  It might be further along except the heat we've had means he can only work on it for a few hours in the morning. We don't usually have temperatures this hot this early ~ the evaporative cooler is only barely keeping up.  But I am thrilled ~ I've been waiting a year for this to happen.  Pic's will come when it's done.....

Work:  Well, it's work.  It's not called vacation, or a calling, or devotion.  But, it's been ok.  The scheduling is slowing down a little bit, probably due to vacations.  Some days are fun and the day flies by, other days people get on my nerves and the day drags on and on.....  I'm glad to be off for the next four days. Recharging.


Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Love that comment.
    I remember when our patio was built by Rick. It was truly the hottest day of the year and he refused to quit...until he got light headed and I made him sit. Why do men have to be so macho? It was 100% humidity and 99 degrees. I told him we've waited this long, let the heat pass. I won't want to be on a hot day like this out there anyway. He actually listened. In fact I think that may have been the first and last time. :-) I hope you get this up to enjoy soon. Drink lots of fluids Romeo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why our guys do these things.....I think I wrote a blog post on how upset he was that I was going to have a guy come out and give us a quote to rebuild it. Turned out he felt insulted; it was a signal that I didn't think he could do it (good grief). There are only 3 more support beams to put in before he can install the flooring.

      This morning he said we should use it and enjoy it once it's done :-)

      Delete
  2. Don't ask me how got here because I have no idea. However, I did enjoy reading. Once I had a man who did everything but when he was taken sick I took over. Not that I could build things, but I could do most other man things. Have to now, since I am on my own - me and the cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no matter how you arrived, thanks for reading and commenting!

      The deck is nearly done, and usable for watching fireworks on the Fourth!!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...