June 25, 2018

Wandering the labyrinth.....

The Golden Ratio of a pine cone....

I always have great ideas for writing here when I'm doing something else.  Laundry, drifting off to sleep, driving.  Once I sit down in front of the computer, I struggle to remember those awesome ideas.  Sometimes I do recall them, but when I begin to write they seem uninteresting.  Or menial.  Or completely without any focus.  ~sigh~

It has been so hot here ~ the first day of summer lacked notoriety because it's felt like summer for weeks already.  Last week I noticed that the evaporative cooler (affectionately called a swamp cooler out here) was literally running all day although it was only just cool enough in the house to be comfortable ~ if you weren't doing anything.  I mentioned to Romeo that I suspect that the fancy pads he put in don't seem to be working.  (really, I know he just didn't want to get up on the roof and change them out). I mentioned that it's ridiculous that the damned thing is running all day and not cooling very well.  So, he replaced them with the traditional "aspen pads", which are woven from aspen fibers and immediately we were cool again.  What a relief.  I haven't seen the electric bill yet, but I'm preparing myself for it, lol.

This next week represents the last week of freedom from reading and writing assignments, quizzes and tests.  My communication class starts on July 2nd.  Happy enough not to have to buy a book, and figuring I will have lots of material to print out.  I very nearly lost my spot as I totally forgot to pay for the class, but caught it just in time.  This is an online class that I've considered taking in the past, so I'm looking forward to it.  Please remind me that I said that when I complain.... :-D

One of my racquetball friends ~ who doesn't really play anymore due to an illness she has.  I don't recall what the name of it is, maybe Raynaud's?  At any rate, she invited me to go to Chaco Canyon with her and her niece on July 14th.  I have agreed to go with reservations ~ it is terribly hot there this time of year and a day trip means that we will get there after 10.  There are no trees, just some shrub. Since we haven't had much rain, there likely won't be much plant life.    I am going because any opportunity to go when I don't have to drive is a plus.  The road to Chaco is awful.  Romeo prefers I not drive there anymore as he's concerned about damage to my aging vehicle...and some of the car rental companies require you sign a lease stating specifically that you won't drive to Chaco ~ yeah, that's how awful the road is.  Even with the heat and the road (not to mention my car sickness issues) I am excited, because it's just that magical.....

Have a great week!
Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...