June 10, 2018

Outside........

Caught a fly of some kind looking for nectar...

Colombines in Cibola National Forest

Indian Paintbrushes...

View from the crest...there's a lot of smoke in the air.....

Romeo & Sioux....

Yours truly with Sioux...

Drove up to the mountains yesterday and hiked around, it was glorious to be OUTSIDE!!  It was much cooler, but still hot.  Lots of birdsong and saw a chipmunk, but not much else....I tried to snap a quick photo of the chipmunk but Sioux popped her head around and it took off.  

We discussed how busy we've been, but we need to take some time to get out now and then.  I would like to visit Tent Rocks, but it is too hot now ~ will have to put that trip off until fall.  

This past week I was reviewing ABQ Magazine and saw a trip to Chaco, where they were advertising "glamping" ~ they drive to Chaco, take you on a tour and that evening they set up tents and provide a gourmet meal...


I excitedly called to inquire, only to discover they want $750 per person.  So, that's a bit out of my range.  For that kind of $$, I can outfit myself, take a cooler full of food and stay for 3 days.  I just might plan that, as the OM at work expressed some interest....sort of a girl's adventure.  We'll see if that ever happens.  But I still want to go.  Chaco Canyon is magical.  

My humble tent the last time I camped at Chaco....

Corner window at Chaco....

Well, I should get ready for racquetball ~ I bought a new racquet and am anxious to play with it again. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Love, 365




2 comments:

  1. Glamping to me is a hotel. :-)
    Camping is outside.
    These photos are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hadn't pulled out the camera in awhile, need a bit of practice.
      I wish I had the extra to do that Chaco trip..... The drive to get there is atrocious. But to be out there under that amazing night sky......

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...