July 12, 2019

Drat! I broke it..........

A few weeks ago I noticed a bit of a crack on my racquetball racquet.  At first we (my racquetball buddies) thought it was just the paint.  But look at what happened today!  After the game we were playing was over, I looked at my racquet and noticed it was broken.  It's not supposed to curve like it shows in the photo :-).  One of my friends gave me the name of a guy who she thought had one ~ which he does (yay!) which I can buy from him for $100 ~ yes the racquets are expensive.  Just before I texted him I looked online, and the same racquet is 198.00 ON SALE.  So, I'm getting a great deal!  Still, I really wish this hadn't happened right now, when I'm desperately trying to save money for my new(ish) car.  But I still consider it a necessity....racquetball is one of the best stress relievers ever.  Hit ball hard.....run around......have fun.  At least most of the other items necessary to play are relatively cheap. 

May all of your sports equipment remain in good shape!

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. Just busted the strings on my racquet yesterday. I gave up the expensive racquets a while back after I decided to reward myself on my retirement with a really top of the line, over the top racquet. It was sweet, super light, and explosively powerful. Then after six months it broke. I knew I could return it and get it replaced, but at that point I decided I would always be afraid to "swing away" with something that expensive. So I found a racquet that was strong yet performed well that is in my budget. I have broken one of them in the last seven years, so I figure I'm doing good - E-Force Bedlam 170.

    You are right about the mental health benefits of getting to play. Especially for those around me. I notice those times that I couldn't play for extended periods of time, everyone around me seems to be ultra grouchy...Hmmm, must be some kind of synchronicity kicking in.
    Happy Court Time, Happy Players

    MSG Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely some racquets that have a propensity to break, I've had one or two of those! I can compare the one that broke with other friends who have the same one, and none of those have suffered the same fate. Plus, I really like the balance of it.

      It is fun though, isn't it? The group of ladies have become such good friends too.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...