August 10, 2019

Rain, rain, rain.....

As I left church last night at a quarter to 7, it started to sprinkle.  By the time I hit the highway, it was pouring.  Maybe there have been years when we've had more inches of rain, but this year it's the number of rainy days that is unusual.  I wonder if this is what it was like here 40 years ago....when there was much more snow, and the monsoon season really dumped it.  The Rio Grande looks a lot more grande when there's more than calf deep water in it :-)

Monsoon season usually means evening showers.  But lately we've had rainy mornings too, which is not at all common.  There are many more pros than cons here, I recall a few years ago when we hardly got any rain during the monsoon at all.  Lots of folks lost trees that had been on their property for years.  I am not really complaining about the rain which has given us a delightful break from watering.  It's the humidity that we aren't used to.  Those of us with evaporative coolers suffer a bit, but this morning the temps were in the 60s....no complaints there.

***I can't believe that my post is about the rain.  I must find a little more excitement in my life I think......

Not sure if all the rain is responsible, but my sourdough starter seems a bit sluggish today too.  I had planned to start the bread this morning, but I think I will wait until noon.  See how it does.  Not sure what I will do if it doesn't get more bubbly.  Probably wait longer, haha.  Or give up for today and shoot for Monday instead.

 Not long ago I joined a FB group called "forbidden archaeology".  Probably because they search out the bizarre and then attempt to fashion their studies to suggest that aliens built and inhabited, for example, Machu Picchu.  Mostly they are using the "elongated skulls" as their main DNA evidence.   There are already suggestions that the buildings were built with alien help, since they don't believe that earthly human beings were capable of constructing such incredible feats of engineering during the 15th century. 

Although I do not discount the idea that life exists elsewhere in our universe, I just haven't been able to buy into aliens living here on earth and directing the construction of the pyramids, Machu Picchu, Gobekli Tepi, Chichen Itza and others. 

There seems to be little logic in the claim ~ my case in point: the continued search for Yeti.  No skeletal remains.  No structures.  Only grainy films where you can't tell what you're looking at, and "footprints" in snow and mud.  I can't imagine someone spending their entire life looking for Yeti, although I know there are many who look.  Maybe they need a more exciting life too.....

Love, 365


4 comments:

  1. I would not be surprised to learn that there are aliens somewhere in the Universe but I’ Not convinced they hung out here and built stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol....I have to wonder at all the wasted energy, since obviously they believe humans are not capable of the amazing structures of antiquity. It is my theory that much of the knowledge used to create these amazing things (like the antikythera mechanism) has been lost.

      Delete
  2. Maybe we can blame the aliens for climate change and all the rain! All the rain in NJ is costing me 20 yards on my golf drives, on the plus side bad shots don't bounce as far into the woods.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...