October 4, 2021

Coupla days off..............................

 

Group photo of many of the dancers, our priest, and organizers/instructors.  I didn't take this photo, I stole it off of Facebook.  I did not manage to make it to watch any of the dances.  At the end of my shift I was tired and just wanted to go home!  

We actually did sell ALL of the pastries by the end of Saturday.  I was amazed.  And so happy not to have to go through another shift.

Yesterday I helped my friend with a catering job she had.  It was either a pre-wedding or post-wedding shindig by a wealthy lady who lives in a very nice house at one of the best locations in Albuquerque.  She loves Greek food, and called the Philoptokos society (philanthropic) to see if they would be interested in cooking for her event.  They were not.  Not sure why.  My friend didn't explain that part, but she did volunteer to do it herself.  She asked me to help, I suppose she just needed a warm body that could run food back and forth.  Without going into a lot of boring detail, I now know I have absolutely no interest in the catering business.  I can't imagine that it's at all lucrative, and it's tons of work (and frustration).  And for this I agreed to skip church yesterday.  :-(  Lesson learned.  It's true that you're never to old to learn shit.

Today is my regular day off, but I took tomorrow off too, thinking I would need an extra day.  So glad I did.  And the weather is lovely!  Romeo took off on his walk early, but I was setting up to cut the rest of the towel fabric, which has been sitting around since my first go round.  I am finished with that, and will start sewing later today....it is a lot of fun to see how the fabric changes with washing and drying.  This will give me three sets, but I do plan to give a set to my sister.  Maybe for Christmas?  Or just for the heck of it.  This time I want to sew a loop option for hanging. 

Well, I'm going off for the walk!  I hope you all have a wonderful week.  Happy fall!




 


6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photo of your local Greeks. Glad to hear everything was sold. Great satisfaction after all your hard work.
    So catering's off lol. I hope the job was well paid.
    It's good weather here for walking now. Cool and just a little breezy. Hope your walk was enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best time of the year for walking for sure! Hope you folks in Poros enjoy some great weather!

      Delete
  2. Where DO you find your energy? Or are you simply a glutton for punishment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you should see Helen do her thing. She is 90, and was running all over the place during the festival. She's my inspiration!

      Delete
  3. Your comments on catering are spot per my friend, the caterer. Hard hard work,she loves it, but NOT making a ton of money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered. My friend did not volunteer what the rich lady paid her. I do know that when we are baking for church or trying recipes for catering she keeps careful track of how much the ingredients are. I never look at that ~ I just buy what I need and go for it! But I do understand, she needs to know in order to know what to charge for a dish. But if you love it, that's a whole 'nother thing!

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...