October 23, 2021

Mean people, possible puppy, and other adventures.....

 

Do you ever read those articles that pop up on your phone ~ I get them every day.  Usually there is one or two that I find interesting.  Today, Time Magazine had an article on why people seem increasingly rude lately (although "lately" is incorrect).  One of the reasons listed is that we're now unused to dealing with others during the pandemic.  Hmmm, perhaps.  It seems more likely that we're just so frustrated with all the pandemic brings, we're taking it out on each other.  And although the article didn't mention social media, that gets a good bit of my vote too.  People can't get enough of it, haven't you noticed?  Now that we can't have any magazines (honestly, didn't they already state that the virus is very unlikely to be transmitted from surfaces??), there's not much to do unless you bring your own book.  If you're already feeling rather pissed off all the time, social media is comparable to using gas to light a match.  

It's become a bit rough out there.  I haven't experienced much of the rudeness, just people who don't want to wear masks anymore.  Otherwise, most people I've encountered haven't been mean just for the sake of it.  The story is different on airplanes, in cafe's, and retail.    Crime is definitely up in our area too.  Hit and run accidents have been more common.  I think I'd rather stay home or go for a hike.  But I am missing having a dog.....

One of our hygienists has a dog that is pregnant.  The dog is a blue eyed husky.  Romeo hasn't said anything about wanting a dog, but when the puppies arrive, I'll show him a photo and see if he wants to do it...although he did say we should go for a smaller dog, since they tend to live longer ~ but prefers larger dogs.  Ugh.  Not sure that adopting a dog for longevity is the best way to go, although we both like Corgi's and Scottish Terriers.  

We're supposed to go to Costco today.  Wish us luck!  Yikes!

Enjoy your Saturday

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. I have a friend who adopts older dogs from shelters. She says she isn't sure she wants a puppy as at her age (64) she may outlive a puppy and leave it personless.

    People have always been rude assholes. It's become easier to just blurt shit out, I think. they just don't seem to care what others think now.

    I don't know. I try to be nice at least in public, but damn, I am tired of the stupid.
    Hope Costco wasn't a scary experience... I avoid that place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applaud your friend...but it would kill me every time the dog passed away. At 64 she's worried about the dog outliving her? If she had a tiny little chihuahua, maybe. I have heard of those living a long time.
      Costco wasn't too bad. We waited until about 3:30 to go hoping most people would be at home figuring out dinner, which worked out pretty well!

      Delete
  2. Perhaps not surprisingly I read a similar article from a UK news (online) provider about the rise in hate expressions, trolling, intolerance etc in social media. Ideas prompt ideas - suddenly there are articles on it everywhere. In another article that followed the auther actually did a study on what sort of things will be recommended to you based on what your social media account has loved. She set up a fake account to ❤ some expressions of anti-social views and within a week had been directed down a rabbithole of hate, conspiracy theories and nastiness. A week! Is that all it takes to pull a person with no social contact to provide some balance into a morass the sort of stuff you describe in your blog?
    Good on you for considering another dog. Sioux will be a tough act to follow - maybe a smaller dog would be like a complete change (try Cairn Terrier; my brother has those and they chatter to you when you are noodling around). xxx F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story about the fake account freaks me out! How scary. I review the settings on my Facebook page every three months....you would (or maybe not) be surprised how often the settings magically change after updates :-(
      Oh, I do love Cairn's! My friend had two of them, and they are so much fun! I'll keep an eye on the rescue sites!

      Delete
  3. People's tempers are shorter. We're all sick of being caged up though we are pretty free around here. But winters coming on, days are shorter and some close to me seem a lot grumpier.
    We need a dog too. It would give us something to attend to besides each other. I like the sound of that Cairn terrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our governor extended the mask mandate for indoors, and I just know she is going to keep it going with the reason that people will be indoors more during cold weather. That will put a damper on office parties. Poo!
      I love Cairn's....I say go for it and post some photos!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...