February 15, 2022

It's gonna be a road trip!......

This is absolutely true when Romeo and I travel somewhere.  He doesn't buy things like fruit and chocolate.  No, he likes to start out with doughnuts and it goes downhill from there :D  My sister and I won't be pulling those kind of shenanigans.  At least, I don't think so!  It's been 50 (yes, 50!!!) years since we've done this kind of road trip.  

My sister called me today to say that she would prefer to drive.  She was going to put off buying a car but has decided that she will see what she can find ~ looking for a Toyota with less than 50,000 miles on it.  It would save us quite a bit.  Rentals are twice the cost of a few years ago.  The last time I rented a car for a week it was around $200, now it's more like $450-500.  She has tasked me with planning the route and figuring out which towns/cities we will spend the night in.  See, this is where I'm a bit odd, because I find this rather fun.

The possibilities ~ giant balls of string, alligator farms, etc.  Not that I'm going to detour us to take photos in front of the world's largest working chainsaw 😀  One thing I will do is look for great places to eat that I can find on Diner, Drive ins and Dives.  Do you ever watch that show?  It makes me drool every time.  

The map I've put on the post is just the beginning of the options for the route we will take, so if you know of an awesome place to visit or eat along the way, don't keep it a secret!

Love, 365


8 comments:

  1. If you have the time, and the chance, read the book "Blue Highways" by William Least Heat Moon before you plan your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never traveled that way so can't help you on where to eat or what to see, but it does sound like a great adventure! I always like to see the oddities out there whenever we take road trips. You and your sister will have fun I do believe!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are both excited about it.....the last time we drove to PA from San Antonio I was probably 15 or 16. Sure a lot of water under the bridge since then. :-)

      Delete
  3. Now it sounds like an adventure! Can I come too. I won't talk too much 🤣
    It's going to fun planning it all. I'd be googling non stop

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are sooooo jealous. What a road trip! Mind you, to be fair I'd really only enjoy tackling that and seeing as much as possible along the way if i had no time constraints. We have a habit of making diversions aling the way. Take lots of notes and photos, look at it as a foreigner might and give us loads of blog posts with all the awe and wonder in every bend in the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about this the other day and remembered that when my sis went to visit her youngest grandson, they opted to fly. Probably her husband said he wasn't interested in sitting that long (he had a terrible accident and broke his left leg, so maybe it has to do with comfort).
      I have no constraints, but my sister is still working, although she takes time off without problems.
      This trip will give me plenty of blogger fodder!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...