February 20, 2022

Sunny Sunday ~ odd bits and thoughts......

 

12 or so years ago, I could fly to San Antonio on Jet Blue.  It was wonderful, because it was a non-stop flight, and a small plane with two seats on one side and one seat on the other.  They actually gave us a sandwich for lunch.  Oh, boy, those were the days.  A lot has changed in air travel in the past 8 years, and even more has changed in the last two.  #1, there are fewer flights.  #2, if you live in a relatively obscure part of the country like New Mexico, there is no such thing as a one way flight ~ it's hard to find that even if you're flying to El Paso, which is typically less than a 4 hour drive.  Worst of all, Jet Blue no longer has those wonderful flights to San Antonio from here.  They left the Sunport a long time ago.

I am flying to San Antonio at the end of July.  I found the flights I want, and planned to use the credit from my ticket from back in late Sept., early Oct. which I had to cancel (I had to leave much earlier as Mom was sick and slipping away from us).  I just tried to use my credit, and to my horror and disgust, my "credit" expires at the end of June.  I'm holding on the line as I type this (with their annoying hold music in my ears) to find out if there's anything I can do to extend the expiration.  If not, then I will lose out on about $400.  Which is no bueno, as we say here often.  I do not want to fly just for the sake of using my credit, so if they won't extend it, I guess I'll be out $400.  :-(

Otherwise, it is a beautiful and sunny Sunday here in the Land of Enchantment (isn't that just so corny?).  It is still very chilly in the morning (24 degrees) and then a high of 65.  I saw some green leaves on my sage bush today.....do you notice that some trees and plants come out when the weather is warm, regardless of the time of year?  I sure hope trees don't start to bud.  It is way to early here, as the suggested planting date for spring (for veggies and that sort of thing) is April 16th.  Most people get excited about their gardens and plant early, and unless they've covered those seedlings usually have to replant.  

Although I was excited to see the winter olympics, I have quite watching it for the most part.  Of course, today is the last day.  My favorite part is the snow boarding.  It's pretty amazing what those kids can do on a flimsy board on the ice and snow.

Only 14 weeks to go!  The closer it gets, the more annoying work seems, haha.  


Have a great week.

Love, 365


8 comments:

  1. I bet it will continue to get annoying (work that is) but the end is so close in sight!! My hubby started counting down the days to his retirement six months before he actually retired. It did help him to see the numbers slowly going down.

    So true that airplane travel has changed so much over the years and not for the good, lol :) I hope you'll be able to get an extension with your ticket refund so you will be able to use it and not lose it, so to speak.

    It is beautiful here in Phoenix but then cooling down a bit in the next week. Might be our last winter like weather before the summer heat descends upon us.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your winters are so very mild! I could enjoy that, but not the blazing heat of your summers :-)
      I really need to dig deep and find a way to really enjoy the last few months. I don't want to be grumpy for the next 3 months. I should have waited until the first of March to let them know I'm leaving!

      Delete
  2. I'm imagining having only 14 weeks to go. I would definitely undergo an attitude adjustment.
    "Do what, asswipe? Nope, don't think so. How about YOU do it?"
    Get 'em to fire me so I can collect unemployment.
    ::snort::

    We have a flight credit, too. It's Delta, though. I hate to fly. We bought tickets for Mason and Lyssa to come visit and they ended up moving here instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you crack me up, Ami :D I did hang up yesterday, but I'm back on hold this morning. So far? 1 hour on hold. I wish they had given me the call back option they did yesterday, the first time I called.

      Delete
  3. Those really were the good old days, my friend. Such a pity they had to end. Hope you get your credit extended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I still don't know. 1 hour on hold. I can do other things with my ear buds, but their music is so annoying, and it never changes, it's on a loop. The loop is making me loopy :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh but that last day is so damn good. I remember it since it was just mere months ago. It felt freeing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the last day will be anticlimactic. But who knows? And I don't know if they will hire someone a week or so before I go so that I have a little training time...but if they don't, well, no skin off my nose!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...