February 10, 2022

Managing being married.......

 

Battle Bots ~ if you know what this is, there's no need to explain.....of course the name sort of says it all, right?  Teams build robots that fight to the "death".  Romeo loves this show.  I find it mildly entertaining.  While it's on, I usually do something else like play on my phone, or blog (ha ha).  But I'm still in the room, so I watch the exciting parts and ignore the rest.  I do watch House Hunters International  and he will sit there and make funny or annoying comments to the point I sometimes mute the sound.  Mostly I don't want to hear the "I want traditional" or "I want modern", I just am interested in what a house or apartment might look like in Europe and other parts of the globe.  It's all part of finding interest in stuff your spouse has interest in.  One must at least appear to have an interest.....at least it works for us.  

My DMV appointment went well.  However, I did not point out my Mother's misspelled name.  I figured they would care less (unless I made a big deal out of pointing it out).  And I really need that real ID.  It should be here in 4-6 weeks.  Predictably, the photo is awful.  A man was helping me ~ I wonder if a woman would have at least showed it to me for approval?  Who knows.  But I am set now to fly out in July.  My sister and I will be traveling to Pennsylvania to bury my Mom's ashes, and participate in the yearly family reunion this year.  I've never been to the reunion.  As a general rule, I don't enjoy them.  This one will probably be awkward.  I haven't seen any of them for over 35 years.  If that's not a recipe for awkwardness I don't know what is.  Or at least it will be for me.  Maybe I should take up drinking ~ just enough so I don't care?  Lol....



Love that last one   :D

Love, 365


7 comments:

  1. Early in our marriage, I gave the TV remote to my hubby and he pretty much dictated what we watched on TV from then on. It was a battle I wasn't willing to fight to try to get him to watch shows I liked as he would comment about why did I like them, etc. So I just learned to do other things while the TV was on. I think that's why when blogging came along I really got into it.

    Glad the appointment at the DMV went well. My sister goes to our family reunions (go figure, they are held in Pennsylvania too) but I've never been. It would be over 50 years since I've seen some cousins. She gives my brother and me an update about this relative or that relative. Otherwise if I attended, it would be awkward and I probably would end up drinking too much (provided alcohol was available). At least the paperwork will be there for your trip (hopefully)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. It was my sisters idea to coordinate with the reunion, it certainly would not have been my first thought! Still, I think it will be a good thing to see cousins, and my Mom's last two living siblings.

      It is funny, if I go up to my office to watch TV, my husband will come up at least once every 30 min to an hour.

      Delete
  2. There are fewer and fewer programmes that both of us like. In fact, we rarely sit and watch tv together. He's more of a night owl and watches his stuff after I'm in bed. I also watch House Hunters International for that same reason - to see what it looks like in other countries. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I get you Jenn! I always freak out when the washing machine is in the kitchen, and laugh at those tiny refrigerators. :-)

      Delete
  3. I know all about someone else controlling that TV control. I put one ear piece in and listen to you tube, and crochet and surf the net, blog, do old wordles. Time passed and he usually goes off first. Then it's an immediate channel change 😂🤣
    As for reunions, it used to be at weddings and funerals but can't afford to travel so far anymore. I'm quite happy to see the photos and comments on social media.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! to the immediate channel change, haha. It is expensive to travel...but I still have a voucher from my planned trip to see Mom, when I had to take off earlier than planned and drive it. Probably won't cover the whole thing, but we have cost free lodging already secured!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have watched wood turning and bass fishing oh yea we all have to compromise. But he watches a lot of HGTV because of me. And I too love HH internationl because I just like to see what you get in Europe or whatever country or continent it may be. Most American's would die with these small kitchens or the laundry being under the kitchen counter top and they act like it's normal so it is to them. I love that stuff. I used to think I could live anywhere with air conditioning and heat. Now I know that is not true. HA Also glad to see you getting your real ID was easier than mine. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...