April 28, 2022

Ch ch ch changes........

 

Although my wisteria is bloomed out ~ we just have the smaller blooms now and the leaves have all popped out ~ it was really glorious this year.  Romeo pruned it at just the right time.  This photo isn't as good as I hoped, but trust me, they were beautiful!  The scent was lovely, so on days we didn't have 80 mph winds, we had the door and windows open.  This vine is now just over 20 years old ~ I planted it not long after we moved in.  

This is our first week with the new doctor.  Although he has exhibited some nervousness, he is doing great.  His skill is amazing, and our dental assistants are happy except....he is not quick.  So, we have discovered that if we aren't careful, we end up being in the office rather late.  Yesterday we left at 5:25, and today, 5:45.  This is a hard transition, since before that we were either on time or even early.  We did have a patient who was in the office for 4 hours today ~ his case wasn't an easy one, but 4 hours is a bit much.  Luckily the patient was........well, patient.  haha  He's a very nice guy, and later sent a compliment to the dentist.  While I was waiting for the last patient at the end of the day, I began to quickly make some adjustments to the schedule, making sure we aren't over-booking him at the end of the day.  He does have two young kids at home, so he is eager to get home too.  Luckily, I will have a nice 4 day weekend beginning now!

On Tuesday I heard from one of my friends from church that two people have tested positive for Covid.  By Wednesday that number grew to 20.  I tested the last 3 days and have been negative each time, but I will test again on Saturday, just to make sure.  They must have been infected prior to the party, but it's a sad thing for it to end up this way.  Ugh.  Will this nightmare ever end???  At least it is not as serious as it had been ~ at least it seems so, since all of the symptoms have been mild.  

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. That wisteria is very pretty! Is the dentist a new one? Maybe he's just being super thorough and going slow to make sure things are done the correct way? Sorry to hear about all the people getting Covid. It is good that it is milder these days. We rarely hear it mentioned here and most of the test sites have been taken down. You can still buy the kits at Wal-Mart and the like. Son was sick a few weeks ago. He tested and was negative. In talking to another friend, they mentioned their adult child had Influenza A. My son didn't get tested for that, but I bet that was what he had.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not fresh out of dental school, thankfully! We have two dentists ~ one just retired, and the "new" one was brought in. But he is not as used to working on adults, as most of his previous work was on children. So, even though doc #1 made sure he had training in using our cerec system (it makes a porcelain crown while the patient is in the chair),it is still an adjustment.
      I am glad your son didn't have Covid, but really, Covid is becoming more "flu like". Many of the people who are testing positive have had vaccine's, and that probably contributes to the mild symptoms. But it was a bit shocking to me, since numbers had been dropping.

      Delete
  2. Pleased to read things are looking up at work. Shame about the Covid outbreak but at least the symptoms are attenuating. Everyone we know seems to have had it now vaccinated or not. If F gas had it she had no symptoms. Mr B had a hacking cough for a couple of weeks but tested negative every day. Stsy safe. Enjoy your last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying it ~ when I don't have to be there an hour late! But those days are soon over :-)
    I tested the last three days, and all were negative. I want to play racquetball on Saturday, so will do one more test Sat morning.....trying to stay safe, it's not an easy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I love wisteria. Lucky you. Is the dentist a new dentist not just to your office but to being a dentist?
    Do these covid seems less serious due to being vaccinated? Or are all these folks unvaxxed and they are still mild? That would be good too. It's amping up here too. Sucks really. I am tired of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He isn't a "fresh out of dental school" dentist, I believe he's been practicing for the last 4 years.
      You have time to plant one! There are so many colors…I wish I had planted two or three, each with a different color. The blue one I planted is very prolific.
      I know of a couple of those that have tested positive have had Covid already, and were vaccinated. I tested 4 times, and was negative each time ~ I am glad that I will be able to play racquetball today. As far as I know, everyone's symptoms were mild. And I am tired of it all too!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...