April 2, 2022

Well, here we are!......

 

We had such fun on Tuesday ~ two of the four people that work at the front desk were out.  One was sick, the other had car problems and did not make it back to New Mexico in time for work.  So, there were just the two of us handling two doctors and five hygienists schedules.  Checking in, checking out, scheduling, phone calls, walk ins.  By the end of the day, the meme above is pretty accurate.  We were wiped out!  So, it's a good thing that I only have 4 Monday's left.....8 weeks to go.  The best thing that happened is that we were given a reprieve on taking everyone's temperature ~ which resulted in looking into it, and we no longer have to! (for now?)  That is wonderful news, because, after two years, we know it's a worthless test, and it was awkward when someone came in "hot" because of the car ride.  We had a couple of patients freak out that that person was allowed to stay.  

I am simplifying my day.  I am no longer cramming everything in.  I declined a meeting today (a church group I'm a member of) and a party tonight with my racquetball buddies.  I just don't want to.  So, I'm just going to say no.  I am going to help out with cookie baking, but that's it.  I have no desire to run around all day trying to fit all this stuff in.  Stuff that will make no difference in my life at all, especially since the meeting is to vote on board members (yuck).  The party is one I have attended many times in the past.  I have no desire to go to it, mostly because I had not planned on it in the first place because we were originally to be out of town this weekend, but those plans fell through.  Ugh.

I am quite enjoying the Bridgertons, although it makes me crazy.  Sheesh.  Duty above all.  So very English!  

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. I heard good things about Bridgerton. I also heard there was a corgi in it :) I might have to check it out after I finish Good Girls which I'm currently binging on. Good for you for deciding how you want to do your days and avoiding that which you don't want to do! It is a good feeling to be able to say 'no' isn't it? Wild day at work for you but I bet it went by incredibly fast!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a corgi, and a cutie at that! The Bridgertons is a rather fun and creative look at how high society might have been had people of all ethnicities been considered on equal footing. It is fun to watch. Definitely a chic flick sort of show.

      Delete
  2. Boy, you need some relaxation. Enjoy your TV programme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, last week was really crazy. I hope to not have to go through that again before retirement.

      Delete
  3. You hit on something I'm dealing with. Just say No. Since retiring I found that I did a lot because I felt I "had to". Not anymore. It's my time. Not to say I'm disregarding anyone's feelings but I am putting me first. I figure if I'm lucky I have 20 more years. These are for me now. Sounds selfish, but...I'm going with enjoying how hard I've worked and to enjoy my time left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. And I really find that meetings are usually non-productive. As it turned out they didn't elect board members, so I'll end up at that one anyway, which is really a bummer.
      My time is my own, I don't owe it to anyone! I'm embracing that thought more and more as my work time shortens.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...