April 4, 2022

I'm just practicing.....

 

I sure do enjoy my Monday's off.  This one was busy, where they are usually pretty lazy.  I had a few calls to make regarding our trip to bury Mom....needed to schedule someone to do the service, and (gulp) dig the hole.  Tried to reach my cousin to let him know that Joe (my Mom's caregiver and ex-husband) will be coming for the funeral, and how many bedrooms are there in the house?  He offered us to use his parents retirement home, which is just up the way from the farm house where he lives with his family.  I sure hope there are three, because I'm not sure I want to share a bed with my sister.  Maybe I'll sleep on the floor or the sofa.  It's not that we don't get along, but I only share the bed with Romeo :D

We raked up three hugs bags of leaves from under the wisteria, which is putting on lots of flower buds.  My oregano was growing underneath a big ol' pile of leaves.  They smell so good when you bruise the leaves.

We went for a 3 1/2 mile hike, where I took the photo of the red bud just starting to put out flowers.  Spring is here.....we had really strong winds about 4 am that woke up Romeo.  It didn't bother me though.  Tomorrow is going to be a really windy day though.  Have I mentioned how much I don't like wind?  Ugh.  But we really miss having a dog.  It almost felt pointless to go out for a hike without one.  We need to wait until after the June trip....I don't want to get a new puppy and then board it.  Romeo is OK with waiting until we find the right one, which will mean a few trips to the shelter.  I'm hoping I can find the right one before the trip with my sister, but that may be a lot to fit in.  If it doesn't happen, then I'll just wait, because it has to be the right one, you know?  

I hope all of you have a great week.  Peg, things will get better.  Hang in girl.

Love, 365


4 comments:

  1. I agree, you'll know when you see the right dog that is meant to be part of your family! I would have a hard time sharing a bed with my sister though we did it when we were growing up. I think our sleep patterns would be off and we'd probably be kicking each other all night. Pretty bud you saw on your hike!! I do not like windy days and if they are cold windy days those are the worst!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably a good thing thats dogs generally don't just walk into your life like cats seem to. You'd have them lining up at your door. We animals spot an opening like yours a mile away. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like wind either . It batters and blows things around and musses up the hair.
    Can be exhilarating though if you can get out and scream into it. Words get carried away and hopefully no one hears except Aeolus the Greek God of the winds

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get lots of wind in the spring here in Idaho as well and I am not a fan. I have actually spent time researching places to live that have the least amount of wind.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...