June 10, 2022

Not vacation that feels like vacation......

 

The cheddar/dill sourdough turned out great.  I can really taste the cheddar, but the dill seems to be missing.  Which is a bummer for two reasons ~ I love dill...and it was a real pain to prepare (because you use fresh dill).  At least it wasn't expensive at 1.90.  Fresh herbs have always been expensive, and most times much more than 2 bucks.

Yesterday we worked on the baklava again.  We had a couple more people, so we were able to meet our goal, filling 12 full sheet pans with 10 rolls on each one.  It's a popular item during the festival, and last year we sold out on the second day, but my friend who is in charge of this stuff, says we do what we can and that's all we can do.  In the pre-covid times we had 17 people that would come and help us make it.  So far we've had, at most, 10.  Maybe it'll take people a little more time to jump in, who knows?

The funny thing is, when I came home, I told Romeo I was going to change into my comfy clothes....so I changed out of my capris, tee shirt and sandals....to put on shorts, and an old tee shirt.  Even I knew it sounded crazy :-)

I am sewing up the rest of the towels ~ remember those?  From like almost a year ago?  I have got to get those finished, but of course, I won't be able to fluff them up in the dryer until it's fixed.  I certainly hope it will be fixable, because dryers are really expensive these days.  I looked at one similar to the one I have, and it's around $1000.  For a dryer!  I'm pretty sure the one I have cost me less than $600.  But that was over 10-15 years ago, so.......

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Love, 365

5 comments:

  1. I think we all have comfy clothes we like to wear when we are around home :) That bread does look good!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old tee shirts are the best....but I wouldn't wear it out! Although I have done a quick grocery store run in my ratty stuff. Of course, I always see someone I know. :D

      Delete
  2. Have you posted your sourdough bread recipe somewhere? F is about ready to adopt a phase of life in which she makes such things. Huge (as in HUGE) bunches of fresh dill here 50c. She eats a bunch a week chopped into her salads. Have you got your k9 adoption papers yet? xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I didn't find a printed copy of the cheddar/dill recipe, if F isn't familiar with the process, this is a great place to start. https://bewitchingkitchen.com/2018/02/22/emilie-raffas-high-hydration-sourdough/ *Chopped fresh dill can of course be added to this recipe!
      The recipe for the cheddar/dill bread is a bit different ~ instead of doing the bulk rise at night, it's done during the day, then goes into the fridge overnight. Let me know when F is ready for it, and I'll post it!!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear the bread turned out well. Pity about the dill. I love the taste too
    Every day is vacation day you can wear what you darn well like. I tend to wear the same now, at home or out. Just change shoes and make sure my top is clean.
    Of course you'll have to dress up a bit to make those baclava. What a job. I bet the Greek ladies are all done up, with fresh pinnies.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...