April 8, 2018

Bird song........

Mourning dove

Canyon Wren

Chipping sparrow

I probably missed a few birds, but it is immensely cheerful and uplifting to hear their busy songs.  

My home office is on the front side of the house, upstairs.  Our neighborhood is fairly quiet.  We don't get a lot of road noise since it's a small cul-de-sac that if you mistakenly turn in, will spit you back out on the main road in a few moments.  The birds hang around our house to rest in the aspen tree, and splash about in the small fountain by the front door.  

As I sit hear typing (and trying to figure out which birds are out there singing), much of the chatter is gone.  Time for breakfast........

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. I love listening to the birds around our house, but usually have no idea which bird is doing which song. Also, unable to sing along.

    My favorite two birdsongs that I do recognize are Redwing Blackbird and Western Meadowlark. Both of them have lovely voices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cheated and went to a website that has birdsong on it so that I could identify what I was hearing ~ some of those birds are so tiny you'd need the eyes of a hawk to see them! One of my Aunt's was a true bird lover, and instilled the fascination with birds to my sister and I.

      Delete
  2. I am the only person in the world who does not like that sound. Especially that mourning Dove., Oh my God I'd rather have a sharp stick in my eye.To me that dove's sound is like Chinese water torture.
    I so wish I could enjoy it as others do, because I hear it all morning long. Remember the episode of Friends when Phoebe's new boyfriend doesn't like that sound outside his window in the morning? Yep, I'm like that. Only I wouldn't harm them. :-) I'm going straight to hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wouldn't say you're going to hell, it sounds like you're IN HELL having to listen, lol. Turn up the radio, sweetie.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...