April 3, 2018

Cheating......


While doing research for the 2 (yes two) research papers I have to write in the next 6 weeks, I ran across some adds that offer to write your paper.  No matter if it's an essay, research paper or whatnot, they will do it.  For a price.  The one in the photo above it somewhat subtle.  Some of the others are less so....


This one is not so subtle.  But cheap is relative.  Out of curiosity I checked on what it would cost me to have a 7 page essay written....it was $140.  


I have to admit that if you have a spare couple hundred dollars, it might be tempting.  Except, it's cheating.  If your professor found you out, they'd fail your ass.  Which is what should happen.  But I don't have a scholarship riding on my performance.  I can see the scenario, can't you?  But it's still cheating.

If I do well ~ or even if I don't ~ I want it to be my work.  So, although I checked into it out of curiosity, it's not for me.  I also figured that if you've already turned in a few papers, one that doesn't reflect the style of writing you were turning in might be a giant red flag.  Oh, uh.  Busted.  At the same time, when there are thirty essays to grade times how many classes they teach, you just might get away with it.  

Of course not everyone can afford to dish out that much money for a paper each time one comes due. These options are geared for wealthy kids, whose parents give them plenty of spending money or credit cards.  Even when cheating it's geared for that upper class.......

Love, 365



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Probably not, although I didn't look for that sort of thing. Hmmmmmm

      Delete
  2. Sometimes karma is a thing.

    When I was at university I used to do editing work for other students to make a few bucks (not writing papers for them, just polishing up the grammar, spelling, etc.). One day I was contacted by a foreign student who wanted me to re-write his entire dissertation for him -- keep the ideas, just put it all in different words -- and in a huge rush, too. It turned out that he had hired one of these "write your paper for you" guys to write it for him, and had now discovered that the guy had just lazily plagiarized the entire thing -- from a book by one of the professors who was going to be evaluating the foreign student's dissertation, who of course could not fail to recognize his own words therein. The student would have been in deep shit, and his own English wasn't nearly good enough to re-write a document of that size in a few days.

    I did it. I re-wrote the thing and saved his ass (the money he was offering was unbelievable). But I hope he got the message about what can happen when you hire somebody who's in an inherently unethical business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, and they promise to check for plagiarism too. I suppose I'm not surprised that it didn't live up to the hype since it's as you say, an unethical business. I only listed three.....there are so many more it bogles the mind.

      Delete
  3. I used to do online research for some various gig platforms (I scan extraordinarily quickly, it's a gift). Eventually I had to change the words on my offering to make it clear that all I did was provide the link and a brief summary of the abstract. You would not believe how many people thought research translated to finished product. Um....no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate good research ~ it's not always easy finding the right article!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...