April 20, 2018

Danger! Will Robinson! (arms waving about...)

The "original" cast of Lost In Space (bing)

If you were a kid during the mid 1960s, you probably watched this charming science fiction series which only lasted 3 seasons (but remember that a "season" was a lot longer then).  My sister and I loved it.  And when I say charming, I do mean charming.  Sure, Dr. Smith was evil and did bad things, and they were fighting for survival on an alien planet, but it never seemed terribly dangerous. 

The diabolical Dr. Smith

Granted, I haven't watched it since I was a kid ~ I've never actively sought out the reruns, which are undoubtedly somewhere ~ Netflix, Amazon, You-tube ~ I only recall the feeling I had as a kid, which was family fun entertainment, not serious or terribly exciting in the world of special effects.  To me, the funniest character was the robot, with it's arms waving about, stating the infamous line "Danger, Will Robinson!!" whenever there was a threat of some kind. 

But, there's a new version of Lost In Space on Netflix that just recently made it's debut.  And wow, it's very high tech, and not as "family friendly" as the original.  We've watched 4 episodes so far, and other than a slightly slow start, plus the adjustment of a much richer story line, we are enjoying it immensely.  



Yeah, the strange thing on the left is the new robot.....

Dr Smith (in the center) is a woman in this version!

I only hope we can be judicious about watching it, and not binge it in two days.  There are 10 episodes in season 1 ~ I hope you have Netflix so you can watch!

Love, 365


7 comments:

  1. So much TV these days we have not succumbed to Netflix yet. We have been buying the cd's of "Orange" so Netflix is tempting...maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stream tv these days, we cut the cord with cable two years ago. We have Amazon (because we have prime, and so it's included in the price for prime), Netflix and Sling. I admit I was thinking of cancelling Netflix a few months ago, but then found a few series I really enjoyed! You could do a month free trial to watch Lost in Space, but of course that would only be worth the hassle if you like sci fy. Which I live for......

      Delete
  2. Netflix suggested that one to me when I signed on last night, actually. I thought, hmm, will wait for reviews from people I know.

    I didn't watch Stranger Things until about two months ago, I don't have to have the latest and greatest... but it sounds interesting. Now that I have a smart TV in the momcave, I can watch whatever the hell I want. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son #2 suggested Stranger Things to us a year or so ago ~ it took a few episodes to get us hooked. Did you like it? My sister watched Lost and loved it so I knew I would like it. Admittedly wasn't sold on the first episode ~ guess I was expecting it to be somewhat like the original. Now I'm glad it's not, there's so much more to the story in the new one. If you decide to watch, let me know what you think.

      Delete
    2. Oh I loved Stranger Things.
      Those kids are amazing actors and the story was very interesting.
      I've always loved sci fi and fantasy, ever since I was a little kid.

      I will let you know if I like it. :)

      Delete
  3. Hubby and I saw that and wondered if it was any good. We loved and watched the original. But we were also incredibly young so would we like it now? I'm doubtful but we thought we'd check it out this week when we had time. Crazy weekend, but we added it to our list so I hope we like it as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think......probably won't be your favorite if you don't like science fiction!

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...