May 7, 2020

Ready, set, go............






Yesterday we learned that we will start back full time on 5/18.  I am actually returning on 5/19 because we alternate Monday and Friday and that is not our scheduled Monday.  Sweet.  There's a big but there though.......because our hygienists will not be allowed to use the cavitron, which is a water tool they use to blast out all the tartar and plaque off your teeth.  Some people like it because they don't like the hand scaling procedure (you know, pick, pick, pick).  I have had both, and personally don't really care.  I think it depends on the skill of the hygienist.   The cavitron is a favorite of many hygienists, especially those that have been in the business for a long time and have arthritis in their hands and wrists.  In fact, one hygienist posted on FB that she has decided to retire, because she just can't hand scale anymore.  And we have two hygienists that have been doing this job for over 25 years.

The docs have decided to give them an extra 20 min for each patient (well they wanted 15, but our scheduling system works on 10 minute increments).   Which has made a scheduling nightmare for those of us who manage the it.  I'm just going to jump in and work one day at a time.  There's really not any other way to do it.  I'll take my chill pill, brace myself for angry and frustrated patients and move on.  Because there is one patient on each hygiene schedule a day that is going to be cancelled due to this scheduling snafu, unless someone cancels.  One of our docs said they were going to have the hygienists call their patients, but I knew almost immediately that he was giving me rainbows and unicorns.  We will be the ones that do it, they don't have time, we don't have enough phones, nor do we have any stations, unless they use their own cell phones.  Tell you what, no way would I call patients with my cell phone.  They would keep that number and then I would be stuck.

At least I have a week and a half before it begins.
******
My appeal to reverse the denial of backdating my unemployment claim was approved.  But I want you to take a good look at this:

Ineligible indefinitely not denied?????  What the heck?????
 If that's not a fine example of governmental gobbledygook, I don't know what is.  

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Oh good heavens. What the hell does that even mean???
    And I'm glad you're getting back to work, but it doesn't sound like 'normal' at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Why or why can't they just say it instead of pretzeling the words together.....
      I have both good and not so good feelings about going back. Will probably comment on it in the next day or two.

      Delete
  2. I think that could mean whatever they tell you it means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean it means that they could mean whatever based on the meaning? Lol

      Delete
  3. Congrats? I am glad you are going to back to work and I hope it goes well. As far as the government mumbo jumbo, i have no idea. But you have that going for you, which is nice. Maybe. Or it could be not nice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be a good thing, but as with all good things I must wait for it......
      hahaha

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...