March 24, 2021

Just a few troubles..........


This is Sioux and Romeo last fall on our trip to Ruidoso.  She had a good time, as did we.  It was funny when the deer came up to Romeo's window and she growled.  She probably thought it was a really ugly dog, haha.  I am not really sure how old Sioux is ~ she is close to 9 or 10.  Our youngest son adopted her from a little of puppies, mom a labrador mix, and dad apparently a greyhound.  She does have the greyhound coloring, the deep chest, but the lab tail, thankfully, because greyhound tails are quite delicate.  At one of the harvest festivals there was a greyhound rescue group that told us that when they hit their tail on a corner, it can break open and bleed.  I am glad that I don't have to deal with that, because she is a huge tail wagger....I constantly find my kitchen towels on the floor!  

The last week has been difficult.  She has had terrible diarrhea for 5 days in a row.  The vet doesn't really see anything in particular, and is sending off a sample to the lab (of the poop, which Romeo had to collect with a spoon and then kept in the fridge until the vet appointment) for analysis.  She's on a few medications, which are OF COURSE making her feel kind of sick.  It has been a real roller coaster ride.  One day she's close to her normal self, the next day droopy and sleepy.  She's currently under the table in the kitchen, not moving much. I think she's nauseated from the medications, but it's currently very windy outside, and she hates the noise from it, so that could be a factor.  I certainly hope she is back to her usual self in the next few days.....

This morning we are having blizzard like conditions, and the power went off for a little over an hour in the wee hours of the morning.  I only know because when it came back on, the tablet Romeo had plugged in suddenly lit up, as I was tossing and turning trying to sleep while the wind is howling.  Then Romeo comes upstairs to tell me that I probably won't be going to work today because of the weather....which I had to laugh at, because our office closes only when there's an apocalyptic event.  Snow and 60 mph winds is not enough to close, much less a delay in opening.  It had been years since I've taken a mental health day, but I decided today was a good day to do it.  So I quickly sent off a text, and here I am at 8 am in my pj's, sipping coffee and eating a pumpkin scone, looking outside at the nasty weather instead of driving in it to work.  It is possible that they know I'm not really sick, and are calling me all kinds of names this morning.  But I just don't care.  I've driven on plenty of dicey roads to be there on time, and haven't called in sick in a number of years.  Does it sound like I'm trying to justify it?  Yeah, it kinda does, but I still don't care.  :D

In the meantime, I'm sending off a few prayer to St. Francis for Sioux.  

Love, 365

7 comments:

  1. I hope they find answers for Sioux quickly. Sucks to have a fur baby sick!
    Enjoy your mental health day. I can't call in sick? That is not a fun aspect of owning your own business. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't really get any answers, just declarations of what it wasn't. But she is much better the last couple of days, thankfully.
      True that owning your own business means you work harder and longer than folks that work for others. There is no way I could work from home, nor can dentists, hygienists, doctors, nurses, etc. Health care requires x-rays, machinery, and supplies. One advantage is being able to go home at the end of the day and leave behind the day! My sister works from home for an insurance company, and she loves it.

      Delete
  2. Sioux is a big dog! I can imagine what happens when his tail wags. Must be like a fan in the summer 😃. He looks lovely. Hope his troubles are over very soon.
    You definitely needed a day off !! They can't complain if you haven't had one in a few years. Hope it was a good relaxing day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she is much better. I certainly hope that we don't have to experience it again, but given the transitory life of our pets, something will happen in time.

      Delete
  3. Romeo looks like's thinkin' "C'mon, Sioux, get in the picture, willya?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you find out what is wrong with your Sioux, and that it is easily dealt with. Blizzard, now? Yuck! It sounds like you are having a tough time taking a day off. I'm like that, too, but you deserve one now and again! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how the wind blew!! It was hours before we could see the houses across the street. Still, it was nice not to have to going in to work.....where apparently many people came to their appointments!

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...