March 26, 2021

This...and that......and so on........

 

Good news!  Sioux has been feeling better for the past two day!!  

Sioux is slowly coming back to her normal, tail wagging, food begging self.  Truthfully the vet didn't really discover what was wrong as much as let us know what she didn't have.  But the medication is working, and we're very grateful.  It will probably take another week for her to fully recover.

Now for the "that" ~ I found out today that Ms, Loud is not leaving in June.  I'm not sure why she changed her mind, but she is planning on leaving in January of 2023.  Heck, I'll probably be gone by then. :-)  I didn't realize how much I dreaded moving into her spot until I heard that I likely won't have to.

Acid reflux....if you have this problem, I am so sorry for you.  I've never experienced it until last night, thanks to Romeo's fried food extravaganza that we had for dinner, which included fish sticks, onion rings and french fries.  Yes, you read that right.  Did I eat it?  You bet I did ~ hey, I never said I was always smart.  Anyway, enough of our poor culinary choices.  At 11:30 pm I woke up, and started coughing because I felt a burning at the back of my throat.  I drank a ton of water, coughed into my fluffy robe (so I wouldn't wake up everyone else), and did manage to get back to sleep.  But even that tiny experience left me with the resolve to never eat that particular combination of foods in one day ever again.  

So glad for the weekend!
Love, 365

10 comments:

  1. Glad Sioux is on the mend. Maybe your dread about the job played into the acid reflux - it dan do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I am fairly certain is was the food. *ahem ~ food for thought :D

      Delete
  2. I find swallowing's a half spoonful of baking soda in a double dollop of water neutralizes that indigestion thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acid reflux is the worst. Thank goodness I've only had it a couple of times. Don't know why.
    Go Sioux go. Great news on that score

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! And certainly will do what I can to avoid it in the future.

      Delete
  4. Yikes! SWMBO has been suffering for years from various and sundry digestive upsets. Can't seem to find a culprit. Maybe I'll suggest the baking soda cure. On the Sioux front, I'm happy that she's wagging her tail more. Animals have a way of curing themselves, until they don't. But she seems like a youngster so many happy years ahead. And lay off the onion rings. I'll eat 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have been ok if I hadn't imbibed on all three at one meal :-) But I'll cook some extras....
      Sioux is doing better, but she is still not quite herself. It is weird, and mekes me nervous.
      Sorry about SWMBO has these troubles....hope Joeh's cure works!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear Sioux is feeling better but I am sorry to hear Ms. Loud is going to be sticking around longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....she is slowly getting better. It's kind of funny re: Ms Loud. As annoying/irritating/frustrating she is, I really don't want her job, so there's that. It doesn't mean I'll earn any more either!

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...