August 18, 2022

Electronic woes..........

 

When Romeo and I purchased our first computer, it was an Apple.  

1994 or 1995?  We still had this one when we arrived in New Mexico.  

Any way, we've been Apple fans ever since.  Now we each have our own lap top, phone and Apple watch.  

Apparently one of the last "updates" seems to have changed a few things.  On Monday I noticed that after my workout, the watch notification said "Good job, Romeo!  You closed all 3 rings!".  Wait a minute.  Why give him the credit?  Today I noticed it again.  I had to look up how to fix it.  The information from the support said you need to make sure that your spouse is listed only once in your contacts.  So I fixed that, because he's also listed under "ICE" (for "in case of emergency").  So I left the ICE listing and deleted the other one.  I restarted.  It still shows Romeo.  Argh.  I un-paired and re-paired my watch.  So, I'll have to wait until after my workout tomorrow.  If it still shows Romeo, I'm calling Apple support, as my watch is still under warranty.  

Here we were, happily going about our day, then Bam!.  Everything is screwed up, and I didn't even do anything!!!    Sometimes I think all this stuff is a giant waste of time.  I know when I worked out, for pete's sake.  But I do use the workout app on my watch just to make sure I meet the previously set goal.  

There are lots of reasons why I enjoy having the watch.  If my kids need to contact me, I will know right away.  I know if Romeo needs something (this was particularly helpful when I was working).  I enjoy having it until it becomes possessed by a demon.  :0

Love, 365             

6 comments:

  1. Phone looks mighty fancy! Hope you get it all sorted out!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get that sorted and get the credit. Darn electronic know-alls.
    That watch looks far too advanced to me but still must be fun to have all your world on your wrist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm. Deeply suspicious of stuff that thinks it knows more about me than I do - and isn't even capable of actually THINKING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating. Hope you're able to get things fixed. I have a fitbit to keep track of my exercise. I like the smallness of it and don't think I would like such a big watch; but a friend of mine has one and she loves hers. It's hard to imagine how we all managed without our electronics. Popped in from a mutual friends blog, it's always fun to meet new bloggers. Hope you'll swing by for a visit.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it all syncs back up for you. I understand about the technology as you get addicted to it even though you don't need it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...