August 28, 2022

Moving forward, reflecting backward.....

 

Came home yesterday from a 5 day workshop in South Carolina.  Oh my, so much moisture all around.... would be a great place for a mushroom farm 😀

I know there's no way to gauge the size of this mushroom, but it was approximately 6-7 inches tall.  It was a grand size.  I snapped this photo the second day I was there.  Another day later, I woke up and it was raining ~ really no big surprise.  24 hours later and there were mushrooms popping up all over the place in groups.  I wonder if it ever really dries up around there!

Oh, it was beautiful.  Just look at that sunset in the photo above!  It was spectacular.  

The workshop was fun and challenging.  I know now that if I want to continue with this art form (iconography) I will need to take a class on color theory and brush skills.  Both of mine kind of suck.  It was also very structured and busy.  We were busy from 7 am to 7 pm.  I was ready to come home by Thursday!  The flights were all on time, no baggage was lost, so all was well.  Today is my rest and relaxation day.  Caught up on laundry (although I had one shirt that the paint didn't come out of), and watching some tv.  Dinner is lasagna, salad, garlic bread.  

Oh!  I forgot to include the meals.  Oh man.  Three full meals a day?  Who does that?  I did, as did all the folks I saw in the dining hall.  Breakfast: oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bread, hash browns, sausage, fruit.  That was just breakfast!  Lunch and dinner were the same.  The only thing I had going for me was the 5 miles a day I was walking.  I had just lost the weight I gained from the road trip, and now I'm right back where I started......argh!!  I hate dieting.  But I will go back to intermittent fasting.  

We will be going to pick up the puppy on Sept. 12th!  I can't wait.  Isn't he the cutest?

Love, 365



4 comments:

  1. Is he a cairn terrier? He's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! He looks a lot like his mom, apparently. His name is Demetri!

      Delete
  2. The weather in South Carolina sounds great for mushrooms and ducks 😁 marvellous that you found a new interest. Will you be able to find somewhere to take more lessons?? Somewhere closer.
    Marvellous holiday. How wonderful to be able to indulge in that food without cooking or cleaning and learn something you really enjoy.
    Who cares about the pounds...... I know , you 🙄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I forgot to mention the geese that were in the lake.
      I have signed up to be notified of a class in either Denver or Colorado Springs. There is an iconographer in San Antonio who teaches classes also, but in her case your organization requests the class if you have enough people. I also saw a possibility in Arizona. So, I just have to wait and see when classes will be offered.....probably in spring or summer for the Colorado class.
      You know, I should have mentioned that it was so nice not to have to do any cooking/washing dishes. That was really nice. I didn't really mention the bunk beds, which I tolerated.. There are summer camps offered to kids too. It was rather U shaped in the middle... :D

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...