October 6, 2018

Greekin' it.......

The kids were so cute at the Greek dances..
I don't know what the dollar bills were for, I assumed as a fund raiser...

I wandered around becoming hungry for a gyro, but there was literally tons of great smelling food.  I was wishing I could have a beer to go along with it, but as I drove there, I abstained.  Drat.  

I don't know how I managed it, but even though I wanted the baklava sundae, I walked by without getting any.  Doesn't a baklava sundae sound delicious?

The church was beautiful, with many example of fine mosaics.  It is a small church, but very elaborate in decor.  I've never seen so many icons in one place before!

The only dark cloud on this fun outing was I went alone.  Romeo had a large chore he had already planned to do.  He is not much on things like this, so if I can't talk him into going, I go by myself because I don't want to miss the experience by refusing to go without him.  :-(  Kind of a good/bad thing.  

I also attended the church tour, as I can write a short paper about it and be rewarded with extra points in class.  I have one more extra credit opportunity, so I might attend a lecture or visit a church denomination I've never been to before.  There's a Quaker church in Albuquerque that I've heard is very interesting to visit.  

That's it!  If you ever have the opportunity to go to a Greek festival, I suggest you go hungry!

Love, 365

3 comments:

  1. We have a Greek Festival every July in my hometown. I so enjoyed the food. I know there were other culture events and I did attend those. I'm not a total loser, but the food was just out of this world good. And while visiting all the other events I generally had food in my hand. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, that gyro was fabulous. Next year I'll try something else, and I might have the baklava sundae for dessert.

      Delete
  2. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...