October 5, 2018

My sister......

Having a bit of fun.....

The majority of the time I was in Texas, I stayed with my sister on "the acres", which is the small ranch just outside of Comfort.  Mom doesn't have a spare bed, and I had no interest in sleeping on the small couch she has, and sharing a bathroom with the caregiver (who is not meticulous in cleaning that bathroom).  It's about an hour to Mom's from her place, so spur of the moment visits are rare, although we did do just that on my last Friday.  

We did some shopping of course....

Mostly we took walks, did some cooking, hung out.  When we were kids, we played together pretty well until those hormone laden teenage years, where we basically went our separate ways.  The last 20 years we alternate between having plenty of phone conversations and not.  My sis doesn't really like to talk on the phone as much as I do.  We discuss Mom's situation, and wonder if we need to find a nursing home, or if CG (care giver) can handle it for a bit longer.  And we nearly always promise each other that we will remain active so that we hopefully won't end up in the same condition.  We laughed, and talked. 

Foggy morning walk....

At one point I had made up my mind that Romeo & I would retire in Texas, somewhere close so that my sis so that we could do things together......but I remembered that when we did live close to each other we didn't see each other often (although to be fair we both had little kids then).  She has grandchildren she sees often.  I realized that my fantasy would not be the reality.  And I would miss living in Albuquerque and my friends here.  Who knows what the future holds?  I haven't dismissed the idea, but it resides on the back burner for now.  We are probably 4 - 5 years from retirement, so there's plenty of time to re-visit the idea.  

One last pic for now.....


Love, 365






7 comments:

  1. You both look so happy. And you have a great smile!! I don't show my pics for a reason. :-)
    4-5 years goes fast, trust me I said the same thing and now it is almost here and my plans still fluctuate. But then again, that is probably just me. Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment ~ don't forget I work for dentists, so free dental work for me! Although I'm one of the lucky ones who was given that great smile with genetics, haha. Yeah, I'll think of it off and on, and look at properties in the area now and again. It would be difficult to leave NM though. It's a lot to consider.

      Delete
  2. More frequent visits will be possible when you do retire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Driving is not something we'll do often, because the drive is too long (13 hours), although we wouldn't have to make it in one day once retired. I just wish I liked flying more. :-)

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you had a good time with your sister in Texas. Enjoyed the pics too. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have lots more of the Acres, but I wanted to save some for later posts. I'm going to the Greek Festival today...want me to eat a gyro for ya?

      Delete
  4. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...