October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween!

Office shenanigans.....

Many years ago I worked for a pediatric dentist, and we had to dress up for Halloween every year.  I hated wearing a costume all day, because they just weren't that comfortable.  This year one of my coworkers decided to get us witches hats, and we would wear black.  I thought, great idea!  Until the darned hat gave me a headache and gave me the dreaded "hat hair".  My boss is in the batman head....  

Romeo and I quit giving out candy 5 years ago due to the dog going absolutely bonkers.  Her bark rouses the entire neighborhood.  And I didn't like having candy left over either.  So, we don't do it anymore.  I notice that we have fewer and fewer neighbors that participate every year.  Most parents probably take their kids to a party or event.  When I was a kid we lived in a huge neighborhood and brought home tons of candy.  But we didn't have to worry about drugs or razer blades either. 

I have finished my exam notes.  It can be two sided, but my printer doesn't do that.  It took me 3 tries to figure out which way to put the paper in to do both sides.  Just goes to show that being in an honor society and having a 3.9 grade point average doesn't mean everything, haha.  I also took the day off from work, which will give me a nice break of 5 days since this is my "long" weekend.  So, all I need to do is go to class & take my exam and then I'm free to do whatever.   

Maybe I'll take a nap first....

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Our bell rang three times tonight and there are plenty of kids in our neighborhood. Times are changing, I don't miss it too much, definitely don't miss then TP and soaped windows and worse from the night before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though we don't turn on our porch light, normally we'll get 4 or 5 rings anyway......this year we didn't get a single ring. I think I'm developing my curmudgeon skills, because I was glad no one came to the door. Seems like the only time I enjoyed Halloween was when my kids were small.

      Delete
  2. My dog is so chill that she fell asleep and a kid asked if my dog was dead. :-)
    We gave away far less this year.Only 90 bars were given away. And Rick ate 2 of them. :-) I love giving out candy, I love halloween, and I love that I buy only candy I don't like so none is left over for me to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was telling Joeh, I've never been a big fan. We did it when the kids were young, but now it's been years. I wish our dog had a "chill" button, but mostly she has a "let's bark and run around" button. That I sometimes wish I could turn off!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...