June 22, 2019

Los Poblanos in Albuquerque.......

Lo Poblanos is a lot of things: a lavender farm, an Inn, a restaurant, a venue for weddings, graduations (& etc), a farm store.  
It's a beautiful place to wander around the gardens and historic buildings.  

This is a part of the courtyard of the ranch house, which was added to over the years.  But it was a working ranch.  At one point it included 800 acres.

I love the old tractors they have here and there.....

John Gaw Meem produced many of the buildings in Los Poblanos in the "Pueblo Revival Style".  
He also designed buildings on the UNM campus.




 We went this morning for breakfast ~ I had the french toast, Romeo had the spring omelet ~ both of which were very good.  However, they need to improve their coffee.  Mine is much better at home.  Then we wandered the grounds and gardens for about an hour.  


The first thing I bought was a jar of their lavender honey, which is fabulous.  I also purchased some wax infused fabric for wrapping up my home made bread.  The sleeve I had made it too moist, so I'm excited to see how this stuff works.  I'm waiting for my sour dough starter to freshen before I make bread this afternoon.

Here's a link to the history of Los Poblanos if you want to learn more......

I'm off to finish laundry!  

Love, 365

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's easy to take great photos there, the gardens are amazing.

      Delete
  2. I would love some lavender honey. Most of ours is thyme or orange blossom.
    Live to hear about the sourdough fabric. Keeping it fresh is always a problem.in summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their lavender honey is one of my favorite treats. I used the waxed fabric this morning, but time will tell. I saw it listed on Amazon, and noticed many complained about the scent of the beeswax ~ which I find odd. I love the smell of beeswax.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a beautiful place. Although I am not a fan of lavender scent, I like the look of it. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the architecture and the gardens. The restaurant serves breakfast and dinner only ~ a bit weird to me. I'm sure if I stayed overnight at the Inn I would love that too, but strange as it is, I love hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful place and sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...