June 2, 2019

Summer time summer time, summ summ summertime.....


There are two types of people ~ summer people, and everyone else.  I have always loved summer ~
*the days are so much longer :-)
*the only time I need a sweater is at work, where they keep the a/c on "hang meat"
*my favorite shoes ~ no matter what the time of year ~ are more appropriate in the summer.  Namely flip flops and sandals. 
*best of all, it's watermelon season!!!

Sweet and juicy, plus the built in fun of seed spitting.  Most people buy seedless watermelon, but I prefer the regular seeded kind of melon, which I believe taste better.  The only problem with "regular" watermelons is that they are much bigger.  Romeo likes it, but I am the one who has to eat the majority of it, which is just fine with me.  Have you ever grilled it?  Yummy. 

Watermelon is the only food I purposely salt.  Preferably with smoked salt.  Hey, don't knock it if you've never tried it. 

Welcome summer! 

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. My mother always used to sprinkle salt on her watermelon. It was normal. It wasn't until I got older that I discovered nobody else ever put salt on their watermelon. I don't think we can even buy the big, seeded ones anymore! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a winter person but flip flops and watermelon are a small consolation. Here they eat watermelon with feta. I prefer it plain and we'll chilled

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up salting our watermelon, so I get it. The smoked salt sound interesting though.
    Just bought a watermelon and it was mush inside. We were so bummed. Oh well I have all summer to eat more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids are super excited about summer and watermelon. It's a good time of the year for sure. Enjoy your longer days and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...