January 1, 2022

Happy New Year!

 

Yay!  I'm officially over ~ well, whatever that illness was ~ and am feeling good again.  Our dinner party went well.  The only glich was I burned the bacon that was part of the cajun corn maque choux.  Which turned out really good, except I put too much heavy cream in it.  Romeo and I decided it was our Christmas, since we didn't really have one on the actual day :-)

I know the gumbo was good because one (of our two) guests had thirds.  And when I offered a container of it to take home, he grabbed it out of my hand in a rather aggressive manner :D

It's one of those days that just feels like Sunday, you know?  Mostly it was because there was a church service today that we went to this morning.  At the end we had tsureki cake.  Some lucky person probably found a coin.  It wasn't us, haha.  Maybe some year one of us will get it ~ it's supposed to mean you'll have good luck in the new year.....which is kind of a funny thing as we don't believe in luck.  Conclusion: must be a Greek thing.

I left the Christmas tree up on purpose until today, thinking it would create a nice ambience for the dinner.  But there is no way I'm taking it down tomorrow.  I can start with bringing the boxes down from upstairs, and then let it go for next Friday.  In some ways I'll be glad to have the stuff put away, and I think I might miss it a little bit.  Nah, just kidding.

Well, I hope all of you have a wonderful 2022.  I only have 20 weeks of work left!!  

Love, 365

 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that is great you only have 20 weeks of work left! It will go by quickly! Glad your dinner party went well and you are feeling better! Happy New Year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to have them over, and other than the burnt bacon, all went well! It was funny because they commented on all the wines I have (they are at the end of the cabinet) and I had to mention they are really just for decor, because we aren't really wine drinkers.

      Delete
  2. Definitely a Greek thing lol. We've already cut three of those cakes. Three happy family members think are going to have a great year.
    Glad you had a great day and you're fit and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Greek friend and her husband were our dinner guests, and we got the coin from the vasilopita she brought over. Romeo almost broke a tooth on it, haha.

      Delete
  3. Yes leaving the Christmas tree around for a few more days is something that we too do, maybe with the hope that Happy atmosphere extends for a few more days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to have it up, but all good things come to an end. I can't believe I left it up until 1/7. I don't think I've ever left our decorations up so late, but they were so pretty.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year!! We are being lazy with the tree and lights this year. Still up on Jan. 6 but they bring us joy and the world seems void of that sometimes so we will take what we can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure the kids love it! Happy New Year, Mr. Shife :-)

      Delete
  5. And glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one is happier than I am! Well, may Romeo is happier since he doesn't have to play the nursing role anymore.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...