August 20, 2021

Back home......

 

Sorry for the crappy photo....I haven't yet gone through and tidied them up (removing the road, for instance).  As we traveled south through New Mexico, we were amazed at how green everything was.  For August, it's amazing.  Usually things are dead and brown.   And the greenery didn't stop there, it continued through east Texas, where we were really amazed.  I told Romeo that if folks had charming accents and wore plaid, and there were more trees, it might be Ireland ~ haha.

We left yesterday around 9:30, but this time we stopped in Las Cruses and spent the night before returning home.  At least we had some good Mexican food there.  Then a four hour drive, and we were back home.  So good to be home again.

Based on the hospice nurse's prediction, I thought my Mom would have passed by now.  But she is still hanging on, but it is near the end.  Her vitals are dropping, and her O2 levels are too.  My sister visited today, and said that she knew they were there, and gave a small smile.  Did not open her eyes but once, and not sure if she could see anything.  So, the watch continues.  I pray as often as I can.

Not sure what to do for the rest of today.  I unpacked, put everything away.  The car needs a thorough cleaning which we might do tonight.  The bugs!  Moths and beetles and grasshoppers, and lots of other things.  Baked on.  That's what happens when there's so much rain I suppose.  

So, I hope all of you enjoy your weekend!

Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your mom. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ami. It has all become too much to bear. So, I have been getting lots done, because I don't want to think about it all the time. She is still with us this morning. We keep thinking a day or a night, and still she hangs on.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got home safely. Been praying for your mom and your family. Glad to see that there was green where there is usually brown, but I wonder if that will not be good for wildfires down the line. I hope your weekend is a peaceful one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that when all that grass dries, it may be fuel for a fire ~ sure hope not! But it was pretty, well except for all the bugs :-)

      Delete
  3. It is good that you relaxed the schedule a bit on the way back and allowed things to unwind a little. You have had a rough time of it these few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romeo felt that since there were 2 of us, driving straight through would be easier. But I think it's the sitting for hours on end that is the most uncomfortable. I was glad he was willing to stop for a night.

      Delete
  4. I bet it's so nice to some greenery. I get carried away at the sight! Keep strong during these last days. Sending love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It means something to us that you and others are keeping us in your prayers.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...