August 25, 2021

May she rest in peace, and her memory be eternal........

 

I believe this is a high school photo...


Mom was a hard worker......she rarely missed a day of work, and was always on time.  She worked as a legal secretary for military big wigs.

Mom, with son #1 and first grandson......

She was still living in her home of over 50 years in this photo with me.

This photo is from March of this year....Mom with her caregiver.  He was such a great advocate with her doctors and nurses.  They were once married ~ it's a really long story that isn't important now, but sometime I'll give you the run down, because it's both interesting and bizarre.

So, Mom passed away early this morning.  My sis texted me to call her (we set this up a few weeks ago), but I have my phone set on "do not disturb" (family is not included in that), but I guess texts don't count at 3 am.  I saw it at 5:30 this morning when my alarm went off.  Lots of tears.  Romeo held me for the longest time, and we both just cried our eyes out.  Since then I've managed to hold it together most of the time anyway.  I lost it at Hobby Lobby because Mom loved crafts.  She did embroidery, quilting, painting (you know, like step stools, recipe boxes, small benches and that sort of thing), crochet, and probably lots of other things I'm not thinking of.  Random times, I will find tears rolling down my face. 

How I will miss talking to her on Sunday. Even though the last few months she didn't really have much to say as her dementia had worsened after having the Covid Delta variant.  But she was my Mom, I called her anyway :-)

How I will miss her.

Love, 365









14 comments:

  1. My condolences to you and your family. Even though we sometimes know the end is near, it doesn’t make it easier when that time comes. Take care. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....it is difficult no matter when, even if we know that it's near.

      Delete
  2. Even when you know it is coming, it is never easy to deal with, especially Mom's are always extra special. SO sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose your mother. Mothers love us so unconditionally and love us the first (after God of course). Moms know about us first before they share the news with the fathers. There is such a connection between a mother and her child. Allow yourself to grieve and take all the time you need for grieving. Your mom looked like a wonderful woman; I am sure she left behind a wonderful legacy! Hugs to you.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. May you live long and always remember her with love. She's resting in peace .
    She sounds like a wonderful woman, a loving Mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are both relieved that her suffering is over, but sad that she's gone.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope having such great memories allows you to heal easily over time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry. I believe that the people who go on before us are still here in a way. The love between you doesn't go away, it stays here. So because of your mom, there is more love in the world. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...