August 22, 2021

Constant texting.....and life still moves on.


 1964?  My best guess.  My Mom, my sister (left) and myself.  We were living in Okinawa then.  I remember some things about it, but I haven't kept up my Japanese, haha.

I truly thought my Mom would pass while I was there.  Hadn't had anything to eat for a week.  Was only able to take a teaspoon of water at a time.  But she has hung on.  Now she is in a coma, and unresponsive to touch or voice.  Hasn't had even a tiny sip of water since Thursday.  Because my Mom was quite heavy, her "reserves" are keeping her going for now.  Still, I think it will be very soon.  We can't be without water for very long.  All I can do is pray.  It is excruciating for those of us waiting.  I will not post again until she has passed, because it's really depressing to have to write about it over and over.

Wouldn't you know, the day we returned, the vet came by with Sioux's ashes and a great plaster cast of her paw.  Which of course, picked the scab of our healing right off.  

Romeo says this has been the worst year ever.  And I agree.  Covid.  Sioux.  Mom.  The issue with our priest.  If someone had told me what would happen in 2021, I'd have been tempted to do a little time traveling.

Yesterday my sister had not been feeling good and thought she might have the Delta variant, but today she feels fine, so probably not.  I had sent a text to my OM (office manager) yesterday letting her know and asked if she wanted me to wait until I'd had a test before returning.  Oh, no, she's ok with me coming in on Tuesday until there's a positive test.  This,  although almost half of our staff is not vaccinated.  The reason being is because two of our front desk people are out.  So, basically she's willing for me to potentially expose everyone for convenience.  I have no symptoms, and since my sis said she's feeling better today, I doubt seriously I've been exposed, but really?  No, seriously, really????  Shows where the priorities lie.  Of course, she's out of town until Sept. 3.  **Remember Ami what I said about no perfect job??? :D

Yesterday I baked 2 pies, made a loaf of sourdough bread, a batch of egg salad, washed and vacuumed the car (Romeo and I did that together)...and went to a Saturday evening church service.  I just didn't feel I could stop doing stuff, just to keep the thoughts at a dull roar.  Today I'm doing laundry....moved out some decorative items out so I could make room for my cookbooks.  Waiting for the season premier of Walking Dead, their final season.  Tomorrow I'll get my hair cut and pick up a weeks worth of mail that I had on hold.  

I hope all of you have a good week!

Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. I understand what you are going through. As we kept vigil with my mother, we would think it would be soon, or tonight, or it can't be much longer, but alas, it does take a while. The human body is quite remarkable. Hang in there. It's good to keep busy with things, as you are doing. Take care. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that ~ this morning I was just wondering how long she will linger on. I will continue to be busy, at least I'm getting things done that I've put off!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you have had to go through this all this stuff this year. Sucks. I hope September brings a new beginning with all kinds of positives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love fall. I hate to put it this way, but once my Mom passes, we'll be through it....except for the virus crud. We are back to wearing masks indoors now. In Texas it was not as common to see masks, but as soon as we were back in New Mexico, most people were wearing them.

      Delete
  3. Cooking and baking are great to keep the mind and hands busy. Just don't eat it all at once lol
    We all had high hopes for 2021 but for many it has been even worse. At least the tourist season here was profitable this year.
    Thinking of you. Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, eating it all would not be good, since I had lost a few pounds before we left for Texas. Looks like it'll be up to Romeo, haha. Thanks for your kindness.

      Delete
  4. I think you have had enough of 2021. I hope the last few months are much, much more positive. Take care and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...