September 7, 2018

8 to 5

Polaroid transfer

It has been an odd week.  It feels like my mood is on a roller coaster.......

The class is going well, but the parking situation is still a pain.  My first class day I was lucky.  I found a parking spot, in a very crowded parking garage.  The second class I had to park in a spot reserved for people with a Y parking pass ~ I still don't know who gets those....probably general staff.  I managed to get out without a ticket, although I lucked out since I saw the university parking police heading up to the 6th floor as I was driving down.  Whew!  After that I decided I should try the other parking garage, which is a bit farther away from class, and not as convenient for hopping back on the freeway to go back to work.  I still have to park on the 5th floor of the garage though.  I've never seen the paid parking areas so full ~ I'm not sure if it's just that there's a huge number of incoming freshman, or if students decided they didn't want to pay for a yearly parking pass.  The problem for me is I can't park off campus and wait for a shuttle.  I already take 2 1/2 hours a week off from work to attend.  Maybe things will change in a month or so.  Maybe the kids haven't received their parking passes in the mail yet?  I don't know, but I hope things settle down soon......

In the meantime, life rolls on much the same as it always does.  What I really want is a vacation ~ one where Romeo and I go somewhere else like the beach, or a cabin in the woods.....or Paris, London, Glasgow.  I think it's been 4 or 5 years.  I have a trip to Texas coming up, but that's not a vacation.  That's visiting family and going to a high school reunion.  

There are many times when I wish I lived nearer to home, but then there are times when I thank my lucky stars that I don't.  My Mother's caregiver has prostate cancer, and just started treatments.  While he's receiving treatments, he set up friends to come and stay with Mom, but she was upset because my sister didn't volunteer to come and stay with her, and that she had suggested hiring someone from an agency to come, which I thought was a good idea.  If Mom had a problem, then the friends would have to call an ambulance or something.  My sister is doing her best not to get caught up in having to stay with Mom for four hours twice a week.  So, there's the guilt of not being there, and the guilt of feeling relieved I'm not caught up in it.  

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Oh, you do need a real Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. I look at different options every week. On the top of the list is beach front in Southern California. Have no idea how we'll pull it off though.

      Delete
  2. I think we ALL need a vacation. Mine's not until March.
    Can't wait. :)

    I have been feeling guilty about not being able to care for my parents, but they're five hours away and I'm just a wage slave. I can't afford to take a lot of time off.
    Last time I took a class at the local college, the parking situation was effing ridiculous.
    Never again. For that reason and many others. Guess I'm as smart as I'm gonna get. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Ami ~ college doesn't MAKE you smart. It just helps you organize, write decent essays, and maximize note taking. I could have learned all of this stuff on my own, really. And you're one of the smartest women I know anyway :-)

      Delete
  3. Guilt is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Hang in there and I hope the parking lot situation improves and you can get to go on a vacation soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I don't focus on the guilt all the time, haha. Just when there's some sort of catastrophe. Plus, I love living in New Mexico. It's beautiful here ~ at least to me it is.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...