September 9, 2018

The Edict of Milan


Just think of it.  Two Roman Emperors in 313 CE (current era, which replaced AD) published an edict (an official order or proclamation) that anyone can practice whatever religion they wish with no further threat of persecution.  1,705 years later, we still have persecution within and without the world of religion.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.  If nothing else, history has taught me that human nature hasn't changed.  Cave men probably had better morals.


Naomi Osaka, U.S. Open Champion

There was much drama in the championship match between Naomi Osaka ~ a player I truly admire, and love to watch play.  She is a force to be reckoned with in the world of tennis.  Yesterday's award ceremony was less than happy though, and at 20, Naomi had a difficult time her emotions ~ and who could blame her, as the audience was booing because of the penalties the umpire gave Serena Williams.  Serena showed her frustration and anger in a very non-sportsmanship way.  Truthfully I'm tired of Serena's constant battle for attention ~ you couldn't miss the stupid tutu outfit she wore for the tournament.  And although I appreciate that men's and women's tennis should be regarded as JUST TENNIS, the championship game wasn't the best venue for Serena to lose her nut.  Just sayin.

Love, 365


5 comments:

  1. I don't watch much tennis anymore and did not see this match, but i still have an opinion!

    The chair judge needs to show a little more restraint especially in a championship match in order to not effect the outcome. The best ref or ump is one that no one remembers.

    On the other hand Serena is not the best sportswoman. She whines a bit and always seems to have an excuse when she loses which has not been often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on all points. I bet Serena did a slow burn when she saw the ref ignore Djokovic constantly going past the serve clock. I think Serena is an awesome tennis player, but I'm not so sure I like her as a person.

      Delete
  2. I don't watch tennis often. I understood her anger and frustration and I do think she saved herself when she told the crowd to not boo and that her competitor played a helluva game and she congratulated her. Say what you will but other angry men like McEnroe, Connors in the day would NEVER have been that gracious and in fact never were. I think she came back too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did come back too soon, I agree with you there. And it's also true that if it had been a man it wouldn't have gone that far. But Serena has always had a self righteous chip on her shoulder and she should have quit being the dead horse. I guess it shows that although she a great player she's not my fav. :-)

      Delete
    2. Beating the dead horse, not being a dead horse, lol.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...