September 17, 2018

Oh, Pete....not you again

Natures corn dogs, hahahahahaha

Last week our accountant (who does the payroll) called me to her desk to explain that there are weeks I'm not quite getting to the required number of hours to "maintain" my designation as "full time".  I'm running about 30 minutes short every other week.  Here's my schedule:
This week I work Monday - Thursday, 8 to 5
Next week I work Tuesday - Thursday, 8 to 5 & Friday from 8 to 2 (w/no lunch break)

Normally I have no problem meeting the minimum hourly requirement.  But now that I'm taking a class that meets on Tues & Thurs from 11 to 12:15, and I have to leave 40 min before class starts to find a *@&# parking place & run to class, then 15-20 min to get back to work (and eat lunch at my desk), I'm running an average of 30 min short.  If I don't find a way to get 30 more minutes, I'll loose much of my PTO (paid time off, which is vacation, sick leave, and those days the Docs decide not to work, but I need a full paycheck).  

So, now I have to cut out my lunch hour on Wednesdays on the short week.  Which means there's not one day on my short week that I will have a lunch break.  Pete is such a bastard....

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. That sucks, especially as I know from my working days there are people who screw around with coffee, smoke and BS breaks more that 30 mins a day never mind a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that sucks and we will hate Pete too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...