September 14, 2018

Parking woes.......


Thursday ~ oh, how I wish I could go back in time and do it all over again.  I mistakenly figured that now that it's been nearly 4 weeks since the semester started I could try the more convenient parking garage again ~ knowing that if it was full I would have to drive around the campus to go the to other garage.  As I drove through the first 3 floors, I realized there was nothing open (I wasn't lucky enough to see someone backing out) and gave up to drive to the Cornell garage.  As I'm coming up on the driveway to enter the garage, I see they have a "full lot" sign up.  I happened to have my windows down (because I was concerned about my vehicle over heating, more on that later) and I asked the attendant where I could park.  First he told me to park in the other garage, and when I told him I just came from there he said "You should come earlier!".  Arghhhhhhhhh

I drive around to the outside paid parking, and I bet you've already guessed that it was full too.  So, now I know I'm going to be late to class as I drive once again to the Cornell garage.  As I approach the driveway to enter, I swear the guy is putting a barrier up and I said to him "Are you kidding me??" and he picked it up and told me to go ahead.  Why was he putting the barrier up again if there are parking spots open?  We'll never know, because I was just thankful that I finally had a place to park.  And have the privilege to pay $3 to park for the time period I'm in class.  Sweet, huh?

Since I was already late, I decided to take my overdue library books first and then go, so I ended up 15 minutes late to class.  Seriously, the parking situation is just nuts.  If I had gone to the Cornell garage first, it would have all been okey dokey.  Sheesh, that's what I get for assuming things might be settling down.  
*********************************
So, my aging Isuzu Rodeo (2003) has about 85,000 miles on it ~ not too bad for it's age, right?  I have noticed that it's over heating in certain situations.  Which is why while I was driving around UNM ~ at a snails pace, btw) I had turned off my a/c but the temp needle still started creeping up on me.  So, I turned on the heater ~ always fun when it's 90 degrees ~ my windows were open for any cooler breeze that might head my way.  That did help somewhat, but I decided I need some service which I have scheduled for Monday.  I suspect my temperature gauge is going out, since my fluid levels are fine.  The fun never ever ends.......

But the great news is that it's Friday, and I got a pedicure done on my way home, so I can relax and hang out.  Well, actually I need to study for an upcoming exam, but I'll bitch about that tomorrow.  Honestly, what would I do without this blog to vent?  Ha ha

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. That overheating thing is probably a simple fix...expensive, but simple.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...