September 11, 2018

Future road trip.......

Just outside of Acoma Pueblo

I have done it ~ I've taken the bull by the horns and committed to the first step of a vacation.....A REAL VACATION!......scheduled for the end of May, 2019.  I put a deposit down on lodging in Yosemite.  We discussed it tonight and decided to make a road trip out of it.  We'll spend 4 nights in the park, so that should give us plenty of opportunities to explore.  I'm not sure I picked the best place to stay, but I'm not going to worry about it, although I would if we were only going to be there for a night or two.  Plus we can do the 13 hours of travel time in two days.  

We can celebrate the end of another school year for Romeo and my graduation all in one go.  I just knew if I waited until January I'd never find anything available.  I am a little worried about the effect of the fires ~ one of which is still apparently burning.  Sometimes you just have to plan and hope for the best.  

I am so excited!   :-)

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think so too, it's been on my bucket list for a long time.

      Delete
  2. YEAH! This will be a great one. I can't wait until you share the photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very excited! 8 months seems a long time away, but I'm sure it'll go fast. It gives us plenty of time to plan the drive for interesting stuff to do along the way.

      Delete
  3. Such an amazingly beautiful place. We are going there on a bus with other older people--Daughter of the British Empire--and looking forward to it all.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romeo has been there on a day trip while he was in California for business, but I have wanted to go for a long time! I'm looking forward to it too.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...