September 15, 2018

It's a good thing I'm tenacious......


I think I previously mentioned that I realized I would be out of town for our first exam.  I e-mailed the professor and she asked me to remind her a week before...which I did.  Then I had to e-mail her to let her know when I was available, got that worked out.  But when I asked her if I could have the exam study guide, she said it would be available on 9/18.  Which would only give me 2 days before I take the exam.  So I had to e-mail her again and ask AGAIN.  She finally sent it to me yesterday.  Honestly, we could have wrapped this all up in two e-mails tops, but between the two of us I think it took 8.  College professors ~ they have no idea what efficiency is.  And why wouldn't she just include the study guide to begin with?  Clueless.

My god, what will I talk about after graduating?

Ms. Loud (you remember her???) has been gone for a little over a week ~ she went on a trip to Louisiana with her Uncle, who is also single.  They like to travel together and seem to get along quite well.  It has been so quiet at work!  It was a really nice break as far as I'm concerned.

This week has been crazy.  On Wednesday, my Mom's caregiver called me at about 9:30 to tell me she received a call that son #1 was in an accident and was in jail.  Apparently this low life was pretending to be my son.  However, J (the caregiver) didn't mention to me that he asked for $$, so I went into a tailspin, trying to contact both of my boys, neither of whom were answering the phone.  Then I thought to call #1's wife, and nearly called the ex wife (I did place the call but hung up immediately).  So I sent a message through FB to her asking her to call.  
~#1 called and told me this is a scam that's going around.  
~#2 texted me "why" when I told him I really needed to talk to him....sheesh
~#1's wife called, and we chatted for a few minutes, I now have her phone # in my contacts.

Best of all I received a text (although at this point I was so panicked I didn't look very close at who sent it) asking me if all was well, and I thought it was #1's wife and replied with a short narrative on what was going on and ended with "and I accidentally called Sue*, yikes!"   Whereupon the next line was "This is Sue*".  OMG.  I was so embarrassed, but she was pretty cool about it and said she was glad all was well.  

Between the parking, and the scam and the professor I feel like a frayed string.  I think studying is just what the Dr would order, haha.

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. You may want to take Sue off speed dial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ms. Loud (you remember her???) has been gone for a little over a week ~ she went on a trip to Louisiana with her Uncle, who is also single. They like to travel together and seem to get along quite well. "

    And that is why people in the Southern US send 'Happy Birthday Uncle Daddy' cards.

    Effin' scammers. They got my dad a few years ago by pretending to be my nephew who had been busted because he 'was in the same car as someone who had drugs'. My dad lost 7 grand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Loud and her Uncle are close to the same age, and although it seems a bit odd, I think they're just close, but nothing more.

      Mom told the person who called to call his Dad :-)
      I'm not sure if it's because she was more together than normal (she has dementia) or if she has become extremely tight fisted the older she gets. I'm thinking it's the latter based on other stuff. I'm so sorry your Dad was taken in by that asshole. Karma ~ I hope anyone who takes advantage of the elderly is gifted with a heaping pile of shit.....metaphorically and literally.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...